At THTS we pride ourselves in providing the highest quality automotive based on-site FLT training.
Private individuals & company employees alike benefit from our extensive experience & qualified training, using only the latest training techniques and modern equipment.
We offer a commitment to quality to all our trainees, and monitor their progress and development closely to ensure that they reach the required standard prior to their final assessment.
In addition to quality training, THTS also offer a support service to individuals & companies following the successful completion of courses, and we will offer advice and assistance as required. This additional support is seen as an integral part of the service we provide and is free of charge.
Our company offers such a vast range of courses with expert tuition conducted by down to earth employees. Detailed and up to date presentations will be a part of the tuition as well as practical tuition from an experienced instructor. We can come and visit your site ensuring that we can meet your needs and satisfy you, within your own working environment.
Training is carried out on site at your premises, and is a cost effective and convenient way for you as an employer to train your workforce. Employees who train on site gain valuable experience on the truck/s they will be using, in their own unique work environment.
Fork Lift Operator Training Includes:
- Introduction to the lift truck to be used for training, controls and instruments.
- Operator’s Safety Code with appropriate Safety film.
- Lift Truck Stability.
- Correct procedures for mounting/dismounting.
- Start, moving, stopping and steering the lift truck.
- Operation of the hydraulic controls.
- Weight assessment and lift truck stability.
- Handling unladen pallets and laden loads.
- Stacking/de-stacking procedures.
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines.
- Road vehicle loading/unloading procedures.
- Lift truck pre-use checks.
- Refuelling procedures.
- Automotive, Salvage, Recovery specific.
The Aims & Objectives of the Telehandler Forklift course are to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge & practical skills involved in operating the telescopic handler.
This course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant statutory provisions & Approved Codes of Practice.
- Be able to operate the machine safely & correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to load & unload vehicles & static racking.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck & loads.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health & Safety at Work Act & other current relevant legislation.
Telehandler Forklift Course Summary:
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Other current relevant regulations.
- Introduction to machine.
- Pre-Shift inspections.
- Controls & instruments.
- Components & main types of lift trucks.
- Re-fuelling systems.
- Coolant, fuel & lubrication systems.
- Emergency controls.
- Manoeuvring over uneven ground.
- Operators safety code.
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets & difficult shaped loads.
- Loading &Unloading flat bed lorries & at various heights.
ITSSAR Certification & Registration on TOPS Scheme.
In house certificates, this is suitable proof of operator competence accepted for insurance & HSE compliance.