About Tim Hughes Training Services
With 35 plus years experience in the Vehicle Recovery, Commercial Vehicle Maintenance & Plant Industries, It’s easy to see why we are one of the leading Training Providers in the UK.
We know & understand exactly what is required to operate safely whilst working at the roadside & on site.
Run by Professionals, for Professionals, we aim to give you the skills you need to provide the very best service to your clients.
Whether you want to achieve an IVR VR module or an ITSSAR Plant Module, or even require a bespoke course, tailored to your – or your client’s – needs we can give you the Professional Training you need
We are proud to be associated with Ron Grice, one of the Industry Pioneers in Vehicle Recovery Training
Tim Hughes, the companies founder & senior trainer has been in the Commercial, Agricultural, Plant, Automotive & Recovery Industry for over 35 years..
His career began back in 1984 as an Apprentice mechanic in a local main dealers, learning his trade repairing Fiat & Lancia cars.
Through those early days in the mid 80’s, turning his hand to Plant operation & Agricultural repairs progressing into Commercial Vehicle Maintenance & Recovery.
It was to be here in Commercial Recovery & Repair that things would remain, developing into an Industry recognised Trainer.
This was successfully gaining the ITSSAR (Independent Training Scheme Standards And Register) Cat. 2 Level 2 Trainer qualification in 2007/8).
Tim is also the holder of a National Freight CPC Certificate of Professional Competence (Operators CPC) in Road Haulage & Transport
Vicky worked for her father Kevin after leaving school as a Secretary, ‘Kevin Gaskell Associates’ was an extremely successful business, pioneering air-conditioning & installation in the the UK.
Following that, in the family theme, Vicky then became PA to Jonathan Gaskell, the owner of another sizeable Merseyside based company ‘Gaskells Waste Management Services’ employing more than 160 staff.
16 years ago, seeking an air of independence, Vicky decided to become a Driving Instructor, developing into a Grade 6 ADI Approved Instructor, delivering first class driving tuition.
Continuing to this day to provide Learner Drivers of all ages with the very best driving tution available..
Vickys Tel: 07979847724
Flexible: tailored training to suit your needs
Friendly: helpful & experienced instructors
Accredited: ITSSAR & IVR standards
Proactive: reminders (If Required) offered for refresher training
Monitored: instructors receive on-going training
Secure: records are safely stored for a minimum of five years
Growing: offering new courses all the time
Services & What We Offer:
- Time Served & Established Since 1984
- On Site Training at your Premises if Required Throughout the UK.
- All IVR Modules offered & available
- Recovery Based CPC Courses
- Training / Interview & Suitability / Staff Appraisals / Driver Assessments
- Drive Train Disconnection & Transmission System Awareness
- Advice On Design/Specification/Purchase Requirements Of Recovery Vehicles
- Winching & 4×4 Off Road Driving Tuition
- ITSSAR FLT & Plant Training
Examples Of Those Who May Need Our Training Include
- Roadside & Recovery Operators
- Bodyshop Recovery Truck Operators
- Independent Commercial Vehicle Repairers
- Mobile Tyre Technicians
- Service Van & On-site Fitters
- Commercial Vehicle Dealer Technicians
- Roadside Technicians & Fleet Mechanics
- Bus & Coach Fitters
- Emergency Services using Winches or Recovery equipment
- Local Authorities/Local Council
- Armed Forces & Military Personnel
- Forestry & Off Road Vehicle Operators
Training Course Information & Joining Instructions
- Trainees should arrive on site for registration at the arranged time (Normally 08.30)
- A reasonable level of physical fitness is required, as the courses involve a certain amount of bending, kneeling, lifting & carrying during the practical sessions.
- Generally, both written & practical examinations are applicable.
- Passing the examinations is not a formality, good literacy skills & 100% commitment is required.
- Drug or alcohol mis-use will not be permitted.
In Addition, Students Attending Practical Courses MUST HAVE the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hard Hat / Safety Helmet / Bump Cap.
- Reflective Jacket to ISO 20471 Standard.
- Overalls / Uniform / Workwear.
- Safety Footwear.
- Wet Weather Clothing.
- Suitable Gloves (Not Light-weight Latex Types).
N.B. WITHOUT SUITABLE PPE, TRAINEES CANNOT PARTICIPATE ON COURSES. OUTDOOR TRAINING, WILL NOT BE SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF BAD WEATHER UNLESS A RISK TO HEALTH & SAFETY IS APPARENT.
If you are attending a Driver CPC based course you must bring your current Driving Licence & DQC Card (CPC hours cannot be uploaded without it).
If you require further information – including information regarding payment for courses – please contact us, we will be happy to help.
Tim Hughes Tel No: 07999999100
Rescue & Recovery, It’s What We Do..